Friday, July 11, 2008

Mika and Allison and the Tale of the Underwater Dragon

After lunch today Mika asked me "Read a book, Mama?" I agreed and she grabbed my hand and led me from the kitchen to the foyer.

"Sit on the ground," she ordered, pointing toward the rug. It was about this time that I noticed she wasn't carrying a book and had led me to an area well away from the bookshelf.

"But don't we need to choose a book?" I asked. "Sit here on ground," was her insistent reply.

So I sat.

She immediately turned around and plopped herself down in my lap, thrusting into my hands the two puzzle pieces she had been carrying. The pictures faced away from us.

"Read this," she said, indicating the blank puzzle pieces staring up at us. She leaned back against my chest, clearly settling in for a nice long sit.

So I read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home