Sunday, March 04, 2007

No new posts in a while, yadda yadda yadda, sorry.

The big news of late is that they're NAPPING! Yes, for reasons known only to them, Mika and Allison will now go down quietly for a nap. We put them down at 9:26 am when they appeared tired. Heard a few coos, a little talking, but that's been it. No tears, no screams. Kitty Rambler was even trapped in the office where Mika sleeps in the Pack N Play. Rambler was crying and scratching at the door to get out, but Mika DIDN'T WAKE UP!!!

It's been over two hours and they're still sleeping. I'm so excited I want to shout from the rooftop, call everyone I know to brag, but I'm afraid of breaking the spell. So I'm typing as quietly as I can while Jason snores peacefully nearby. He's excited too, just celebrating in his own way.

No pictures of the sleeping beauties right now, and the recent playtime pix are still on the camera downstairs. But in honor of the occasion, here's a picture from the last time we caught them sleeping at the same time (about 10 months ago).


BTW, we need a babysitter for a few hours around lunchtime on Saturday, March 24. Anyone game?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would offer to babysit, but... you know. We're causing all the trouble. :)

Hooray for peaceful napping!

March 4, 2007 at 1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Granddad Kevin and I already offered to babysit. The offer still stands. We'd also love to see Erin and Kurt even if it is for just a few minutes as you are all leaving for lunch.

March 4, 2007 at 2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaaay! They are such good girls! It's so cool to see them playing and cruising at home. I love their little (and big) noises and expressions. And also, being a teacher, I'm crapping in my pants (only figuratively) about their early love of books! See you guys later!

Love, liz

March 6, 2007 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger Alan and/or Maranda said...

That's exactly what my girls do! No matter how far apart we place them at nice, they inch their way together. We've actually had quite a few nights of pasted-down hair from a sister's slobber. (ha!) I haven't been on much, but it's good to see your blog is still up to date. Happy Birthday, Olney twins!

Feel free to visit back on our blog as well: coultertwins.blogspot.com

God bless,
Alan

April 23, 2007 at 7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home